For this project I have been looking at the link between esoteric mystic traditions and analytical psychology, I have chosen to focus on Alchemy and Alchemical symbolism and their relavence in modern day psychotherapy.

Friday 22 April 2011

Practical applications

Hopefully I have highlighted the fundamental nature of creative and expressive activity, and shown how many believe it to be essential to the development of a healthy balanced mind. I originally wasn't sure how this could begin to translate into work but I started looking at where people come into contact with creativity outside of the gallery context. This led me to look at site specific, creative interventions. I think that as these works are typically within public spaces, they have the potential to be experienced by a broader cross section of society and so would perhaps be best when attempting to assess the impact of creative experiences in a more universal sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment